Population: 11.2 million
Official Language: Haitian Creole, French
After alot of reading I discovered that Epis varies alot across regions. Some add oil, some add vinegar, some use leeks, some don’t use chilli and others use alot more chilli. This is my variation but it is worth experimenting a little to get the flavour balance that suits your palete.
Epis is traditionally made with a mortar and pestle but pop the ingredients into a blender if you want your yours ready super quick. It will store in the fridge for a few weeks or if you freeze it will last for year.
- 1 Onion
- 4 Spring Onions
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Chili Habanero as a substitute
- 1 Green Capsicum
- 1 Red Capsicum
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 10 sprigs Parley remove stems
- 4 sprigs Coriander optional
- 2 Limes juiced
- 4 Cloves
- Combine all the the ingredients in a blender.
- Blitz until well combined